Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunny Day and OHS Training

It was a busy Sunday. I spent the morning going through volunteer training at the Oregon Humane Society so that Kendall and I can be part of their AAI (Animal Assisted Interactions - better known as pet therapy) program once she passes her test. I hadn't been through the shelter since about 14 years ago when we adopted Dinger, our cat. The new shelter is very nice. Luckily, most of the animals are adopted fairly quickly from there. They were busy bringing in a bunch of dogs that had come up from LA. It's a busy place.

We took a drive out in the country to a great little spot called The Cruise-In Country Diner. They have wonderful burgers and the service is excellent. They serve organic food and even have gluten free buns! If you live in the area, it's definitely worth a visit. It's right at the corner of River Rd. and Farmington Rd. It's the place you probably remember as the old biker bar.

This afternoon was beautiful. The sun was shining and it felt nice and warm. We took Kendall out for a walk in the park. The rains are due back tomorrow, but that's to be expected. It is only January.

2 comments:

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

Hi, Gretchen! I left something for you on my blog. xoxo

Juliana said...

Awwwww. Gretchen, Kendall is just simply adorable. Where in Oregon do you live? My Grandma lives in Eugene and we just love visiting her. My dogs are checking out Kendall as I type!

New follower. Come by and follow back if you would like. Happy Valentines Day! oxoxox Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog