Monday, August 17, 2009

Multnomah Days

Saturday was Multnomah Days in Multnomah Village. It started with a pet parade followed by a parade of local groups and businesses. There were close to 100 entrants in the parade.

The streets were lined with vendors from the bridge along Capitol Hwy that leads into town all the way up to the Community Center. It was great to see so many people out for the day.

Here's the beginning of the pet parade.


We participated in the pet parade and then made our way back to our seats to watch the rest of the parade.


There were hundreds of dogs, big and small, in the parade.



Kendall found a little girl that she fell in love with.


Kendall couldn't get enough of hanging out with the little girl.


I stopped to talk to the Delta Society. Does anyone have any experience working with them? I think Kendall would be a great dog for one of those Read to the Dogs programs. She's really calm around kids. Are there any other programs we should consider?

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'm not sure what it's called, but there's a program with hospitals where if your dog is very calm and friendly you can take her in to sit with the patients. It's proved to lower blood pressure and assist even coma patients. (I know if I was in a coma, I'd want a dog to lay with me.) :-)