Monday, August 24, 2009

Product Review: Sense-ation Harness

Kendall outgrew her Be-bop harness, so I ordered a new one from Softouch Concepts, Inc. It's a Sense-ation front lead harness. I got a black one. I figured that a harness, is a harness, is a harness, but that's not true. She walks so well in the new harness. She doesn't pull at all.

It's important to get it adjusted just right. Otherwise, it restricts the dog's front leg movement. Kendall has a deep chest, so it took a lot of adjusting to get it just right. We measured her before ordering, and while she came in on the low end of a small harness, it juuuussst fits her. I should've ordered a medium.

We've been out for three walks with it on, and I'm amazed at the difference in her walking. She stays right next to me with a slack leash. I've been careful to make sure I reinforce the good behavior with a clicker and some treats.

1 comment:

Juno said...

Hello and very nice to meet you, Kendall! We meant to visit you a while ago but our pawrents always got an excuses.. We're so glad to have a visit from a fellow Cavalier like you (you're so cute!) since there aren't many blogs written by Cavaliers or their humans! :)

Our pawrents also found a special harness to me, Momo aka the puller a while ago. :D

We love seeing other Cavalier friends photos. We'll add your name to our friends' list. Hope you don't mind...

Momo & Pinot